Wednesday, October 04, 2006

 

Surgical Clean

CLEAN
Many of you know what it is like to prepare a house to go on the market. Cleaning EVERYTHING and fixing EVERYTHING...It took us the better part of the month, but we are finally here. Probably the most painstaking cleaning happened to Scott. I rented a dumpster 2 weekends ago, and made him clean out the backhouse. WOW. Kellsey, maybe you can help me identify the clinical name of the disorder which makes people convulse when they consider throwing away something they "might need" someday. Another part of preparing has been making the downstairs of our house look like we don't have kids. Hmmm. And finally, making the house look like we have TONS of closet space has meant cleaning out every closet leaving only the bare minimum. ALL of this seems very sneaky to me. But on Sunday, I told Scott that I finally feel at home in our house, now that 1/3 of what we own is in storage.

SURGICAL CLEAN
Showing our house has taken this cleaning to the "surgical clean" category. In the bathrooms nothing is on the counter other than soap and a hand towel. Our laundry room is not functioning as a garage anymore. Before Anna Scott puts down a toy she is playing with, I hear myself saying, "Pick that up and put it away." Today while looking out at the back yard, I wondered if we could train Abbey to poop in one corner of the yard. A pristine house...the equal and opposite reaction of which is the Minivan. WOW- why don't they make central vacs for cars? Sunday when I climbed in bed, I found a pile of my dirty clothes under my pillow. Scott said since people always look in the closets, he didn't know where else to put them. Hmmm. This is definitely a case of "it's better to look good than to be good."

We officially put our house on the market on Thursday the week before last. We had 5 showings the first Saturday and we are up to 12 showings to date. We are hoping we have an offer soon. I would love to be in a new house by Christmas.


Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Site Meter