Saturday, June 18, 2005

 

Scott's Status - I turned 34 and it's all downhill :)

06/18/05: I have been diagnosed with a form of Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma (CTCL). A recently performed biopsy says that CTCL is present, but additional blood work are needed to stage it (i.e. determine how "bad" it really is) and determine the course of treatment. The blood work is scheduled for Friday, June 24 and results are expected the following week.

For years, I have been coping with what I thought was a form of eczema on my legs and hips. My current dermatologist decided to conduct a biopsy last week as she became concerned that the eczema might be CTCL. The pathologist confirmed her suspicion.

Rachelle and I have been facing this present reality with lots of prayer. As we tell people and we get beyond their shock, we simply ask for people to pray for healing, faith, wisdom, courage and rest. Rachelle is also 9 weeks pregnant with our second child, so this news comes at an otherwise exciting and joyous time.

My own emotions have been up and down. Shock. Disbelief. Faith. Fear - rational, irrational. The stress has made me restless, often waking up in the middle of the night. However, I do feel on overarching Peace, of being within the hands of the Father. My parents reminded me of Isaiah 43:

But now this is what the Lord says, He who created you, O Jacob, He who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior...Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love, you, I will give men in exchange for your life. Do not be afraid, for I am with you!”

Please join me in this prayer.




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Site Meter