Monday, March 27, 2006

 

The new normal

We are getting back to the new normal at our house this week. Meal and laundry angels continue to be a wonderful gift to us from our church. Scott is on the road to recovery. He is feeling much better and decided to work a 1/2 day today. He is still "narc-ed up" on morphine so I am his taxi since driving in his condition is generally frowned upon. He is fighting a secondary infection (serratia marcescens) resulting from the drug eruption but the skin on his legs look dramatically better as the healing process has really begun. Thank you to all of you who have prayed for his healing- we are seeing results. Just being home with Anna Scott and Will this weekend was rejuvenating for me but I am extremely fatigued. I don't know if it was some kind of catharsis or if a stomach virus zapped me the day we traveled home from Yale, but I haven't bounced back yet. Scott is doing great overall and continues to improved with each passing day. He has been remarkable through all the suffering he has endured. His spirits, sense of humor, and ability to hope carried all of us, especially me. I think is it finally safe to say we have "turned the corner", "daylighted", "taken the hill" and all other similar metaphors. It feels good to be back home.
-posted by Rachelle




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Site Meter