Wednesday, June 20, 2007

 

2 Years

Father's Day, June 17, 2007 marked two years since I was diagnosed with CTCL. It seems like a long time ago, and so much of "life" has happened since then, including the addition of Will. Next Wednesday, June 27, I return to see Dr. Foss at Yale for a regular check-up. As I stated in an earlier post, I anticipate confirmation that we're making progress towards eradicating this disease. I hope so, but it will forever be a part of my story. Just today, for instance, I went to a new dentist and had to fill out the plethora of forms, including medical history: Have you ever suffered from cancer? Yes. Are you on any medications? Yes. Etc. Etc. I'm not depressed or embarassed about this aspect of my story, but actually take some pride in kicking cancer's ass (sorry mom). Dr. Foss should say the same thing...in her own professional manner, of course, and I should be able to scale back on some of my medications. I'll let you know. For all the pray-ers out there, keep it up. I am grateful for all of you.

Scott

Labels:






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Site Meter